Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lloyd Grubb
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
12 Nov 2015 12:32 PM

"Animal rights organization Compassion Over Killing released a new undercover video shot at the Quality Pork Processors (QPP) plant in Austin, Minnesota. That cut-and-kill operation is part of the Hormel Foods Corporation's flagship complex.

QPP processes between 19,000 and 22,000 hogs per day depending on demand, making it one of the most productive facilities in the country. But the video also suggests that the volume and speed of processing results in shocking mistreatment of animals. Downed hogs are shown being kicked and dragged toward the slaughter area. Some conscious hogs are shown shackled to the conveyor chain, while others, still alive, have their throats slit and are sent to the scalding tank. The video also documents hogs with pus-filled abscesses and what appears to be fecal contamination being processed for food—as well as an employee who seems to be nodding off at his workstation.

Pablo Ruiz, a former process-control auditor at QPP, told me that the production line in Austin was running so fast that the lone government inspector just sat in a chair watching carcasses rush by, because he only had time to do visual inspections. I wrote in Bloomberg Businessweek:

USDA inspectors are typically required to check the tail, head and tongue, thymus, and all viscera of each hog. They palpate the lymph nodes of the large intestines and lower abdomen to feel for tuberculosis nodules, feel the intestines themselves for parasites, and turn over every set of kidneys to check for hardness resulting from inflammation or hidden masses.

At QPP, Ruiz said, the inspectors just visually double-checked the work of process-control auditors.  And even QPP's auditors didn't have time to inspect viscera.

"We just check at the head," Ruiz says, adding that he doesn't think there is enough government oversight and that the USDA should double-check the work of process-control auditors. But the lack of oversight, he says, is "why the line goes so fast. When I was there, it was 1,305 per hour. This means 10,000 hogs achieved every eight hours. That's money in the bank—easy, quick." (QPP did not respond to telephone requests for comment, as well as a more detailed e-mail. Two messages left on Quality Pork CEO Kelly Wadding's voicemail also went unreturned.)"
    As reported by MotherJones reporter Ted Genoways

Question: Please share your thoughts on the state of affairs in the animal industry?

Trish Chalmers

--
    05 Dec 2017 08:41 PM

That video was hard to watch, its very sad that so many animals are killed for meat! Just today I was in a shuttle to a hotel and a passenger in the  van asked the driver about work and the driver said he worked in a factory before driving the van. He explained the factory was hard work because in was cleaning up after the slaughter of chickens, which he described as disgusting, the process of killing and processing the chicken to sell. So I asked him if he eats chicken and he said " yea!! I try not to think about what happens in the factory, because I l love to eat but USDA standards are terrible, so I eat  less meat!" People just don't care because its out of sight and they are just plane greedy!!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Forum Aims and Guidelines

Welcome to Revive Reform forum

Thanks for visiting with us and please consider registering at the register link at the top of this page.

Revive Reform forum is established to have engaging discussions on certain subjects that are of critical importance to the Christian community. We believe that a revival and reformation will take place when these subject matters are viewed correctly and are lived out or carried out. Also we are here to encourage you in your God giving mission to witness and live for Him. In the future we will be adding more categories as the membership expands

Christian courtesy, respect and decency are required; Christ said, Matthew 23:8 … “all ye are brethren”.  All meaningful discussion and questioning are accepted, as long as the aim is to edify or to be edified. Please get to the point as soon as possible, without compromising clarity so all can understand and discuss without going off topic. Philippians 4:8   “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things”.

Now Playing

Sabbath Live Worship

Live Service Link:

Archive of Worship services:

Ministry Support

Secured

Natural Remedies

Most Recent Videos

Screenshot Peace in the Middle East, sure word of prophecy, Current Event In this episode of our current events live talk program I cover the topic, Peace in the Middle East, sure word of prophecy. Our current events talk sh... by Lloyd Grubb | 5 views | 1 days ago
    Screenshot Dishonest spineless sellouts in every situation, Motivation starstarstarstarstar In this episode of our Motivational Monday I cover the topic, Dishonest spineless sellouts in every situation". Sharing encouragement to face lif... by Lloyd Grubb | 33 views | 1 weeks ago
    Screenshot Justify the wicked, and condemn the just, Wisdom for Living In this episode of our Wisdom for Living live talk program I cover the topic, Justify the wicked, and condemn the just", Proverbs 17:13-15. To li... by Lloyd Grubb | 41 views | 1 weeks ago
    Screenshot New school lunch rules, election results, Current Events In this episode of our current events live talk program I cover the topic, "New school lunch rules, election results". Our current events ta... by Lloyd Grubb | 27 views | 2 weeks ago
    Screenshot Venture capitalist investing in ambulance services, Natural Health In this episode of our natural health live talk program I cover, Venture capitalist investing in ambulance services". Our natural health program ... by Lloyd Grubb | 21 views | 2 weeks ago
    Screenshot Are you looking for a church, Importance of Church In this episode of our Importance of church live talk program I cover Are you looking for a church. Highlighting the why belonging to a church and doi... by Lloyd Grubb | 27 views | 3 weeks ago
    Screenshot Avoid a fool in his folly, Wisdom for Living In this episode of our Wisdom for Living live talk program I cover the topic, Avoid a fool in his folly", Proverbs 17:11, 12. In our wisdom for l... by Lloyd Grubb | 28 views | 3 weeks ago
    Screenshot Falling away continued demoralization of society, Current Events In this episode of our current events live talk program I cover the topic, Falling away continued demoralization of society. by Lloyd Grubb | 40 views | 1 months ago
    Screenshot Chronic wasting disease in deer and elk, Natural Health In this episode of our natural health live talk program I cover, "Chronic wasting disease in deer and elk". Our natural health program deals... by Lloyd Grubb | 39 views | 1 months ago
    Screenshot Christ was no frat boy and neither should you Excerpt from Revive Reform Radio live talk program covering current events, another fraternity tragedy. To listen to revive reform radio 24/7 go to ww... by Lloyd Grubb | 50 views | 1 months ago