Search
× Search
Thursday, July 19, 2018

Forums discussion on motivation, importance of church, natural health, current events, wisdom

Connect and discuss various topics at Revive Reform Forum sharing inspired wisdom for living and experiencing revival reformation

Revive Reform Forum

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 26 Feb 2018 08:29 PM by  Trish Chalmers
A Form of Godliness
 1 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lloyd Grubb
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
11 Mar 2014 07:53 AM
    There is an ever increasing amount of people describing their religious experience with similar terms which the Bible authors use to describe as a form of godliness religious experience. The Bible outlines various different identifying marks of what constitutes a form of godliness religious experience. Questions: What clues, characteristics, things, and Bible text do you use to identify a form of godliness religion? Why are so many attracted to this type religious experience?

2 Timothy  3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  
     3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  
     3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  
     3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  
     3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.  

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  
     6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.  
     6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.  
     6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.  

6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Trish Chalmers

--
    26 Feb 2018 08:29 PM
    I had never in my life read the ten commandants or at least not that I can remember! But I did see and hear it read in movies and quotes. The first time I actually read the ten Commandments in the bible, a light turned on in my head and I felt conviction. " why didn't I keep this law, and why didn't everyone keep this law?" That was my experience with Godliness. I believe that people are attracted to this type of religious experience because nothing else make sense and it gives us hope of something better, a reason to live life and keep going through the hardships we endure.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Forum Aims and Guidelines

Welcome to Revive Reform forum

Thanks for visiting with us and please consider registering at the register link at the top of this page.

Revive Reform forum is established to have engaging discussions on certain subjects that are of critical importance to the Christian community. We believe that a revival and reformation will take place when these subject matters are viewed correctly and are lived out or carried out. Also we are here to encourage you in your God giving mission to witness and live for Him. In the future we will be adding more categories as the membership expands

Christian courtesy, respect and decency are required; Christ said, Matthew 23:8 … “all ye are brethren”.  All meaningful discussion and questioning are accepted, as long as the aim is to edify or to be edified. Please get to the point as soon as possible, without compromising clarity so all can understand and discuss without going off topic. Philippians 4:8   “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things”.

Now Playing

Sabbath Live Worship

Live Service Link:

Archive of Worship services:

Ministry Support

Secured

Natural Remedies

Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2007-2018 by Revive Reform Ministry